Itinerant Interpreter Aides
The St. Tammany Parish School Board is now accepting applications for Itinerant Interpreter Aides.
Candidates must meet the following education requirement:
- High School Diploma or equivalent AND ParaPro Assessment Test (minimum score of 450)
- Associate Degree (or higher)
- 2 years of college (48 semester hours minimum to include: English Composition 3 hours, English/Reading 6 hours, and Mathematics 6 hours)
In addition, candidate must meet the qualifications as outlined by the Louisiana State Department of Education, Bulletin 746:
- Completion of an accredited interpreter preparation program with a minimum of a certificate of completion
- Certification as a sign language interpreter/translator by a national or state organization or certifying body, achievement of an advanced level or higher as measured by the Sign Language Proficiency Interview (SLPI) or Sign Communication Proficiency Interview (SCPI)
- Pass the pre-hiring screening of the Educational Interpreter Performance Assessment (EIPA) rubric
Questions regarding this position may be directed to Alice “Jo” Brown, Assistant Coordinator of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Program, at 985-898-3311 or at email@example.com. Persons interested in applying for this position must submit an online Itinerant Interpreter Aide application and attach proof of education and certification. The application can be found on our website at www.stpsb.org under “Employment Opportunities.” Incomplete applications will not be considered. The St. Tammany Parish School Board does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.