Instructional Programs ::..
CURRENT SECTION: I
With special education and regular classroom teachers collaborating to provide the most effective instruction for all students, some special education students receive instruction from special education while in a regular classroom.
Industry-Based Certifications or IBC’s are work-ready certification opportunities offered to high school students. The district offers state approved certifications that meet industry standards. Some of these certifications include the following:
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Emergency Medical Technician
- The National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER)
- CISCO- Certified Internet Expert
- Internet and Computing Core Certification (IC3)
- Microsoft Office Specialist
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)
- Pharmacy Technician
- First Responder
Check with your high school counselor for IBC availability at your school.
INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY CENTER
The Instructional Technology Center houses three Windows computer training labs, a professional development center, a distance learning classroom, a video production and broadcasting studio, and a 350-seat conference center. The center provides a wide range of services, professional development resources, and training opportunities for teachers, administrators, and school staffs.