St. Tammany Parish School Board realizes the importance of a functional orientation program for new Board member(s). Under the guidance and direction of experienced Board members and the Superintendent of Schools, orientation will be provided new Board member(s) through activities such as:
- Extending an official letter of welcome.
- Providing them with a copy of the current St. Tammany Parish School Board policies and regulations.
- Providing them with current copies of school budgets and financial statements.
- Providing them with information on school enrollments, qualification of teachers, buildings, instruction programs, etc.
- The Superintendent of Schools helping to acquaint the new Board member(s) with the duties and responsibilities.
- The Superintendent of Schools conducting the new Board member(s) on a comprehensive tour of the St. Tammany Parish Public School System.
- The Superintendent of Schools and experienced Board members providing time to meet jointly with the new Board member(s) for orientation purposes.
- Providing new member(s) with copies of all appropriate publications and aids, including the Board policy manual and publications of the state and national School Board Associations.
- The Board President, Superintendent of Schools and members of the administrative staff conferring with new member(s) as necessary on special problems or concerns.