- The St. Tammany Parish School Board's regular meeting is held at 7:00 p.m. on the second Thursday of every month. These meetings are held at the St. Tammany Parish School Board Office, 321 N. Theard, Covington, Louisiana. Special meetings may be called by the President at a time so designated by him.
- Three regular Board meetings will be held in Slidell each year. The dates and places for these meetings will be designated by the Board President.
- The Board will hold two Committee As A Whole Meetings each month on the first Thursday. The first meeting will be to handle Business Affairs and Administrative matters and the second meeting will be to handle Personnel and Education matters. Chairmen for these Committees are elected to serve at the same time the Board President and Vice-President are elected.
- There will be no smoking at any Board or Committee meeting, and no foods or beverages may be consumed in the Board room except by those people seated at the Board table.
- The time of all Board meetings and all Committee meetings will be 7:00 p.m. unless otherwise designated by the President of the Board or the Committee Chairman. The Board shall give a written public notice of all regular, special, or rescheduled meetings no later than twenty-four hours before the meeting. Such notice shall include the specified time, date, and place of the meeting. The Board shall, in cases of extreme emergency where the need exists to convene a meeting at the earliest possible time, provide such public notice as it deems appropriate and circumstances permit.
- An agenda for each Board meeting will be mailed to all Board Members on the Monday before the Board meeting and will include all needed background information. No agendas will be opened or expanded except in emergencies.
- All visitors will be recognized at the beginning of each meeting. Board Members will have the privilege to have a person in the audience recognized. At the discretion of the Board President, persons who do not request time on the agenda, as outlined in No. 8, will be recognized at the end of the meeting after all other agenda items.
- a. Individuals or groups requesting time on the agenda for a Board meeting will be recognized at the beginning of each meeting. In order to request time on the agenda, the individual or group must submit written notification to the Superintendent by noon on the Monday or first work day of the week of the meeting stating the matter that will be addressed. If the request is from a delegation or organization, there must be a designated spokesperson for the group and comments before the Board will be restricted to this person. All persons requesting time on the agenda will be limited to a five (5) minute presentation. Effective November 9, 1995, citizens may sign-in no later than fifteen (15) minutes prior to a scheduled meeting and address the Board with a three (3) minute time limit.
b. Additionally, citizens may comment immediately prior to any vote taken by the Board. Each citizen shall be allowed to make one (1) presentation on any motion and each presentation shall be limited to two (2) minutes. On recommendation by the meeting Chairman and without objection by any Board member, the Chairman may extend the speaker's privilege.
- No discussions between individuals in the audience will be permitted.
- Letters to the Board will be acknowledged but not read. The writer, if he wishes, may request that his letter be included on the agenda and read it himself. Copies of all letters will be furnished each Board Member.
- At the discretion of the Superintendent, a Staff report will be included as a regular item on each agenda.
- The Board will strive to end all meetings at 10:00 p.m. by limiting action to only those items that have been included on the agenda
Adopted Board Minutes January 11, 1996
Revised February 22, 1996
Revised April 18, 1996
Revised May 13, 199