The duties of the President of the Board shall include, but not be limited to the following:
- To preside at all meetings of the Board.
- To perform all duties imposed by statutes.
- To perform such other duties as may be prescribed by law or action of the Board.
- To appoint all special committees of the Board.
- To serve as an ex-officio member of all committees of the Board.
- To call special meetings of the Board.
- To sign all official documents that require the signature of this office.
The President shall have the same right as other members to offer resolutions, to make motions, or second motions, to discuss questions, and to vote.
Ref: LA-R.S. 17:83.