Registration for kindergarten students entering the St. Tammany Parish Public School System for the first time for the 2020-2021 school year will be held Wednesday, April 1, and Thursday, April 2, from 9:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. at the school the student will attend.
A child must be 5 years old by September 30, 2020, to be eligible for kindergarten. Students who are enrolled in an STPPS Pre K program during the 2019-2020 school year do not need to register again for kindergarten if they will be attending the same school.
Documents to bring to the school for registration include:
1. State Certified Birth Certificate
2. Immunization (Shot) Records
3. Social Security Card
4. Proof of Residency using 3 of the documents listed below (must be most current available and list name of parent/guardian and street address)
• At least 1 of the documents must be a current utility bill dated within the last 30 days (electric, natural gas, water or propane/butane), a property tax bill listing homestead exemption or a signed real estate lease agreement from a real estate office, apartment complex or mobile home property, not from an individual.
• Other documents may include the following: paycheck stub, car insurance declarations page, vehicle registration, bank statement, voter registration card, state/federal support services, current year W-2 form, most recent federal or state income tax return or a cable or satellite bill dated within the last 30 days.
Other documents may be required at the time of registration including custody papers and report card/records from last school.
Registration for students entering STPPS for the first time in grades 1-12 will be held in August. The application process for Pre K is currently underway. Information about how to apply for Pre K can be found at www.stpsb.org/prek or by calling the Early Childhood Office at 985-898-3306.
Helpful Registration Links:
K-12 Student Registration Information
Pre K Application Information
Frequently Asked Questions
Find the School Your Child Will Attend
For additional information about registration and school attendance boundaries, contact the Covington Attendance Office at 985-898-3370 or the Slidell Attendance Office at 985-646-4917.