Countdown to the start of the 2019-2020 school year is underway! Below is helpful information and links to prepare you for the start of the school year.
New to St. Tammany Parish Public Schools? Information on how to register students attending St. Tammany Parish Public Schools for the first time is available here.
Visit the online School Directory page for school website links and information.
Pre-K and Kindergarten Start Dates
Pre-K and Kindergarten students report to school on August 13, August 14 or August 15 as assigned by the school, and all students report beginning August 16. Please contact your child’s school for specific information.
For information regarding school bus transportation, visit the transportation department page and the Online Bus Stop Locator where you can enter your street address to find the nearby bus stops and bus driver assignments.
The STPPS Bus Transportation Hotline will be available August 1-2 and August 5-9 from 7 AM-6 PM. Call the transportation line at 985-898-3373 for help with any bus transportation needs.
Parents can apply online and get guidelines for Free and Reduced Meals on the Child Nutrition Program page.
Get Back to School Information While On-the-Go
Access these and other back to school resources anytime. anywhere with our mobile app. Download it for free in the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store by searching for St. Tammany Public Schools. Don’t forget to follow your school to get notifications throughout the school year. Download the app or get more information.
Download the printable 2019-2020 calendar, Outlook calendar, or view the website calendar.
Back to School Tips
• Help your child set their academic goals for the school year.
• Work with your child to create a homework timetable.
• Establish daily routines for your child.
• Reset your child's sleep and eating habits.
• Exercise the brain with puzzles and fun games!
• Ensure you help your child gets enough rest each night.
• Make learning fun for your child.
• Meet your child's new teacher during Meet-and-Greet and/or Open House events.
• Give five-minute warning before it’s time to leave for school.
• Chat about today’s events and tomorrow’s plans.
• Connect with your friends before the start of the new school year.
• Create a child’s information sheet (for important info to fill out school forms).
• Find a home for all your child's school gear.
• Enter available school dates/special days/events into your family calendar.
Share Your First Day of School Moments
Send us your Back to School photos on social media by using the hashtag #STPPSFirstDay. We'll share photos throughout the day.