21st Century Community Learning Centers
Summer Camp Program - For more information, click here.
Aspire’s aim is to empower students to reach their full academic and social potential, developing strong, civic minded citizens who are well prepared for college and careers. Through this program, the St. Tammany Parish Public School System operates four community learning centers that provide academic enhancement, recreation, and cultural activities for students, families and community members in St. Tammany Parish.
- To improve academic achievement
- To provide homework assistance
- To provide enrichment activities that encourage positive youth development
After School Program
The after school programs provide extended opportunities for learning in a safe and secure environment offering participants
- Nutritional snacks
- Correlation of regular school day curriculum
- Music, art, drama, and academic games
- Computer skill based activities
- Sports and recreation
- Homework help and tutoring with certified teachers and high school
ACT Prep Classes
10th and 11th graders will have the opportunity to register for a series of Saturday classes to improve Math, Reading, English, Science and Test Taking skills.
Aspire’s summer camp program keeps students academically challenged and engaged through:
- Reading, math and science classes
- Organized recreation
- Cultural enrichment activities
- Arts and crafts
- Field trips
- African drumming
A service learning program for 6th, 7th and 8th grade students offered during summer.
- Participate in community service learning activities
- Provide numerous hours of volunteering at Northlake Nature Center, U.S. Fish and Wildlife, and Community Food Banks
Learning Center Sites
Learning Centers operate after school until 5:40 p.m., Monday through Thursday. Transportation is provided for students from the schools served to the Learning Centers. Parents must pick up their children from the Centers by 5:45 p.m.
For more information about registration, contact Program Director Cathleen Huval at (985)893-9069 or email@example.com.
Summer Camp Program
21st CCLC Summer Camp
June 11-July 11
Brock Elementary School – 649-0234
Chahta-Ima Elementary School – 882-7950
Creekside Jr. High School – 863-8562
Pine View Middle School – 893-9051